The last day to nominate an outstanding woman in your life for YWCA Mohawk Valley (YWCA MV)’s annual Salute to Outstanding Women awards is less than one week away.
Nominations are due no later than close of business on Tuesday, January 15, 2019. To nominate your Outstanding Woman, visit ywcamv.org/Salute.
Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, live or work in Oneida or Herkimer county, and must have demonstrated excellence and leadership in the workplace and/or community. Youth nominees must be 17 years of age or younger and live, work, or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer county. Nominees cannot be past Salute honorees, current YWCA MV board members, or current YWCA MV staff.
One Outstanding Woman will be honored for each of the nine Salute categories:
- Business and Industry: employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry including but not limited to formal education, training, or skills: attorneys, accountants, construction, marketing, etc.
- Education: teachers, instructors, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
- Entrepreneur: an individual who has started their own business; large or small, storefront or online, etc.
- Healthcare: physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, opticians, dentists, therapists, healthcare aides, pharmacists, etc.
- Human and Public Service: law enforcement, fire department, armed forces, EMT, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
- Outstanding Youth: girls age 17 and under who deserve recognition for their school-related and academic achievements, and/or volunteer in their community
- Social Justice: an individual who works to open the doors of opportunity for everyone, especially in marginalized communities
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math): an individual working in and/or promoting STEAM in any field
- Unsung Heroine: an individual who works continuously and tirelessly behind the scenes, goes the extra mile with little thanks, and/or has quietly made an outstanding contribution to their community and/or workplace
The selected honorees will be recognized during The Salute to Outstanding Women Luncheon to be held on Thursday, May 9.
This celebration of local women has brought together dedicated women who from across the Mohawk Valley. Now numbering 248 members, the Salute Academy has served as a testament to YWCA MV’s mission since the first Salute ceremony in 1989.
Nominate your Outstanding Woman today.