Nomination Deadline: Friday, December 10, 2021
UTICA, N.Y. (Nov. 4, 2021) – YWCA Mohawk Valley (YWCA MV) is seeking nominations for their 2022 Salute to Outstanding Women awards. Nominations for this year’s celebration are due to YWCA MV on Friday, December 10, 2021.
Salute 2022 will celebrate women who work to make the Mohawk Valley a community that promises peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
In each of the eight Salute award categories, one outstanding woman will be chosen by an independent panel of judges. The 2022 categories are:
- Business and Industry: employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry, including skill trades: construction workers, laborers, attorneys, accountants, marketing, etc.
- Education: teachers, instructors, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
- Entrepreneur: an individual who has started their own business; large or small, storefront or online, etc.
- Healthcare: physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, opticians, dentists, therapists, healthcare aides, pharmacists, etc.
- Human and Public Service: law enforcement, fire department, armed forces, EMT, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
- Outstanding Youth: girls age 17 and under who deserve recognition for their school-related and academic achievements, and/or volunteer in their community
- Social Justice: an unsung heroine whose efforts embody YWCA MV’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math): an individual working in and/or promoting STEAM in any field
To nominate an Outstanding Woman, visit ywcamv.org/Salute. Nominations are due back to YWCA MV on Friday, December 10, 2021. The selected honorees will be recognized during the Salute to Outstanding Women luncheon to be held on April 21, 2022 at Hart’s Hill Inn in Whitesboro, NY.
Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, live or work in Oneida or Herkimer county, and must have demonstrated excellence and leadership in the workplace and/or community. Youth nominees must be 17 years of age or younger and live, work, or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer County. Nominees cannot be past Salute honorees, current YWCA MV board members, or current YWCA MV staff.
This celebration of local leaders has brought together dedicated women who from across the Mohawk Valley. Now numbering 265 members, the Salute Academy has served as a testament to YWCA MV’s mission since the first Salute ceremony in 1989.