Nominations Open November 6!
Every year, Salute to Outstanding Women honors eight women from across the Mohawk Valley who uplift, inspire, and empower our community. Our annual awards ceremony and luncheon are a decades-long tradition celebrating each honoree for their unique achievements and impact on our community.
These women are leaders, role models, and outstanding in every way.
We can’t wait to meet your nominee!
Nominations for this year’s celebration must be submitted by Friday, December 8, 2023.
One honoree will be selected in each of eight categories:
- Business and Industry: employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry; examples include accounting, construction, law, marketing, trade skills, etc.
- Education: teachers, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
- Entrepreneur: someone who has started their own business: large or small, storefront or online
- Healthcare: physicians, nurses, opticians, dentists, therapists in any specialty, pharmacists, healthcare professional and aides, etc.
- Human and Public Service: law enforcement, EMT, fire department, armed forces, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
- Outstanding Youth: girls age 17 and under who deserve recognition for their volunteer work, school-related involvement, and/or academic achievements
- Social Justice: an unsung heroine in the community whose efforts truly embody YWCA MV’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- STEAM: someone who works to promote Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and/or Math in any field
Nominations are made by the public and reviewed for selection by a panel of independent judges. Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, live and/or work in Oneida or Herkimer counties, and must have demonstrated excellence and leadership in the community and/or workplace. Youth nominees must be 17 years of age or younger and live, work, or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer counties. Nominees cannot be past Salute honorees, current YWCA MV board members, or current YWCA MV staff.
Nominate Your Outstanding Woman Today!
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are now available for Salute to Outstanding Women 2024. For more information, contact Kayla Hartman, Development Director, by February 23 at email@example.com or 315.732.2159 ext. 235.